Benefits of Doing Homework at Home: 10 Persuasive Arguments
There are many places where you could do your nightly work. You could work in the library, at a coffee shop, or at a friend’s house. However, studies have shown that for a number of reasons, it is best to do your assignments at your house. Here are the reasons.
10 Persuasive Arguments for Doing Homework at Home
- Focusing-it is just easier to focus at your place. The outside world will not enter into the academic world, and you can focus on the tasks at hand.
- Supplemental tools and texts-your computer, dictionaries, wall schedule, construction paper, markers, and glue are all in your study area. You do not have to pack them up and take them anywhere. This makes the whole process easier.
- Any time-you can work at any time of day that you want to do so. You don’t have to adhere to something like the library or coffee shop hours.
- Various electronics-if you need your printer, laptop, PC, or calculator from your house; then it just makes sense to stay there.
- Desk calendar-one of the best organizational tools is the use of a large desk calendar. Moving that large desk calendar to the library to work simply odes not make sense. Keep it at your house as you work there.
- All in one stop-once you arrive at your place after school, you can stay there. There is no packing up, hoping you remembered everything, and then re-locating somewhere else.
- Starting off where you left off-if you are mid-way through a semester project and it is bedtime, you can leave out the project, since you are doing the job in your house at your study area. This makes a lot of sense, as opposed to packing up to move everything.
- Supervision-there are times you need supervision and friendly “get back to work” reminders from your parents. You are young, and can get distracted. Working in your room means you will get the proper supervision. It will also keep you safe from the attention of strangers.
- Weekends-the weekends are sacred. You can sleep in and then get to work on your terms. Better yet, if you do this work at your place, you can do it in your pajamas.
- Your own area-this is your area. You can do what you want with it. If you paint it purple and place rock posters on the wall, that is fine. The bookstore will frown on this.